This year, PDSA will host its 18th annual update on immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) for patients, caregivers and the medical community in Cleveland Ohio - July 13-15. This year’s patient conference will take place at the brand-new Hilton Cleveland Downtown.
- Each year the ITP conference provides opportunities to hear the latest information about ITP, meet others who are coping and living with ITP and receive answers to your medical questions.
- You will also have the opportunity to ask your questions to PDSA’s Medical Advisors, who are some of the most experienced ITP doctors in the world. You don’t want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity to hear and talk with these world-renowned experts.
- A highlight to this weekend will be PDSA’s 20th anniversary party on Saturday evening, July 14, at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. PDSA understands how important it is to offer patients and families respite from dealing with the ongoing challenges of a chronic illness by bringing a little joy and laughter into their lives.
- In addition to the educational program and social events, our conference will feature several small group sessions to give you an opportunity to get to know other patients and caregivers in an intimate environment.
- We will also offer programs for children at our Kids Kamp for children ages 5-12. Like last year, this year’s conference will provide a separate track for teens and young adults.
Room Reservation Information
All meeting activities will be held at the Hilton Cleveland Downtown. The Hilton Cleveland Downtown is in the heart of Cleveland’s vibrant downtown area.
- Popular attractions, dining, and entertainment are just minutes away.
- Guest rooms and suites offer sleek, contemporary décor. Take in the exceptional views of Lake Erie and the Cleveland skyline. Find amenities including mini-fridge, safe, built-in workstation and complimentary basic internet in guest rooms.
- The Hilton Cleveland Downtown is located approximately 12 miles from Cleveland International Airport (CLE).
If you plan to stay at The Hilton Cleveland Downtown, please reserve your room as soon as possible to receive our special conference rate of $139 a night (king or queen/queen), plus tax. This rate is for 2 adults or a family of 4 with children under age 18. Triple and quad occupancy rate is $164.00 per night.
This special PDSA rate is also available for conference attendees three days before and three days after the conference. This special rate applies to reservations that are made by June 27, 2018, as long as rooms at the hotel are available. We encourage you to make your hotel reservation early to ensure room availability.
You may also call 216-413-5000, option 1 and reference the group code "PDS".
Partial scholarships to attend the ITP Conference are available. Please see the Registration Form for more information. You can return your completed registration form, along with your letter describing your diagnosis, your financial need and the benefit you hope to derive from attending the conference by June 22, 2018.
Information can be returned via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at (844) 270-1277 or via mail to PDSA, 8751 Brecksville Road, Suite 150, Cleveland, OH 44141.
If you need to cancel your registration for the Conference, you must submit your request to cancel in writing prior to June 27, 2018. All fees less a $50 administrative charge will be refunded if a written request is received before the June 27th deadline.
After June 27, 2018 no refunds will be issued.
If you have any questions or require assistance while completing the registration form, please contact Jody Shy at the PDSA office at (440) 746-9003 or (877) 528-3538 or via email at email@example.com.
What People are Saying…
“Great conference. Really appreciated it. Good opportunity to speak with experts and other people with ITP.”
“This was an extraordinary weekend! Beginning to end! Calming setting. Informative & great to meet other patients. The staff is incredible! I am going to share with my hematologist and take better charge of my treatment options. Your hard work and efforts were truly recognized and appreciated! So happy to have the PDSA website for knowledge and support – I don’t feel so alone…”
“As a first time attendee, I received the full scope of ITP knowledge.”
“Thank you for all of your hard work. This is such a great opportunity to connect with others, increase our knowledge and renew our hope and commitment to a better quality of life. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”
“Thank you for all you do! The scholarships and grants are wonderful!”
“Enjoyed all, especially breakout groups and discussions.”
“Thank you, doctors and staff, for your time and care in making this information public.”
“Even though it was our first time attending, we felt welcomed and were very touched by the comradery of the patients and their family members.”
“Thank you for all your hard work. It surely shows, by the successful results.”