Since hematology is a large and complex field of medicine, hematologists often specialize in a particular disease group. Below are suggestions to find a hematologist who specializes in treating ITP and similar diseases.
- Search the “Find a Hematologist” portion of the American Society of Hematology’s Web site:
Find a HematolOgist
- Locate the largest teaching hospital near you and ask for the head of hematology or the specialist in non-malignant hematology.
- Visit the PDSA Discussion Group and ask others about doctors in your area:
Go to the Discussion Group
- Contact the Best Doctors organization, a fee based service.
- Search the membership list of The American Medical Association
- PDSA maintains a list of specialists that may be able to help: