Become a PDSA Member today and receive a complimentary DVD: Living with ITP: Patients share their stories.
The DVD includes stories from ITP patients and family members about their personal journey with ITP, and expert advice on the mechanisms of ITP and treatment options from PDSA Medical Advisors James Bussel, MD and Terry Gernsheimer, MD. Information about how your membership donation makes a difference in the lives of ITP patients is also included. **Please allow 3-4 weeks for your DVD to arrive.
When you make a gift of $25 or more, we will proudly recognize you as a PDSA Member (unless you indicate otherwise) for one calendar year from the date of your most recent qualifying gift.
Membership support is essential for us to sustain and grow our services for the ITP community, and so we recognize your philanthropic support with the following member benefits:
- Our 28-page quarterly newsletter, The Platelet News*
- Our monthly e-newsletter filled with the latest ITP research, general health news and PDSA updates
- Free admission to our regional meetings
- Reduced rate for our annual conference
- Optional participation in our name exchange program
- Discount of 10% on items from The Platelet Store (when paid by check)
- A small thank you gift (for new members)
In addition to the benefits listed above that you receive, PDSA receives an important benefit from your membership as well: some funders look at the number of members that an organization has as they consider whether to fund that organization. So, the more members that PDSA has, the more attractive we become to potential funders!
As many members make multiple gifts throughout the year, PDSA recognizes cumulative giving over the course of a calendar year in our Annual Report using the following recognition levels:
- $25-$49 - Member
- $50-$99 - Medical/Corporate Professional
- $50-$99 - Friend
- $100-$249 - Contributor
- $250-$499 - Associate
- $500-$999 - Benefactor
- $1000-$10,000+ - Circle of Hope
*The Platelet News is sent via e-mail or paper copy to U.S./Canadian members depending on the Member’s preference, but can only be sent via e-mail to members outside U.S. and Canada.