Many journal articles have been published about ITP. Most are written for medical professionals. If you can get past the vocabulary, they often contain helpful information. Here are some options for obtaining medical journals:
- The U.S. National Library of Medicine from the National Institutes of Health
- PubMed from the National Institutes of Health
- Your hematologist
- A Local medical library
- Enter a selection profile on the Medfetch site and new journal articles will be sent to your e-mail address
Some of the most popular journals:
- New England Journal of Medicine
- British Medical Journal
- Blood (American Hematology Association)
- Because there are so many articles, The New England Journal of Medicine provides collections. Here is their collection on thrombocytopenia.
See the Treatment Guidelines page for links to comprehensive treatment articles specific to ITP.