critical topics in immune thrombocytopenia
Patient Education Webinar Series
PDSA connects ITP patients, caregivers and their families with clinical experts through a special patient education webinar series - ITP INSIGHTSSM: critical topics in immune thrombocytopenia. This exclusive PDSA program presents an opportunity for patients and caregivers to interact with expert clinicians in a friendly, casual learning environment. This live, question and answer forum features discussions concerning viruses and vaccines (including COVID-19), splenectomy and steroids, common ITP questions, and emerging ITP therapies. Recordings will be available on-demand after each event.
2021 Series Topics:
- COVID-19 & ITP: viruses & vaccines - how they can affect platelets
- Rethinking ITP Therapy: splenectomy & steroids
- Living With ITP: common ITP questions
- From Research to Development: emerging ITP therapies
COVID-19 & ITP: Viruses & Vaccines - how they can affect platelets
- Recorded on: Monday, February 22, 2021
- Presenters: Sallie Permar, MD, PhD and Eun-Ju Lee, MD, New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Description: As the COVID-19 virus persists and news reports of vaccine side effects continue to surface, questions and concerns within the ITP patient/caregiver community remain high. In the first session of the 2021 webinar series, physician-scientist and viral specialist, Dr. Sallie Permar presents an update on COVID-19 vaccines while Dr. Eun-Ju Lee presents recent data collected on COVID-19 and ITP. PDSA Medical Advisor Dr. James Bussel, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, and PDSA President and CEO Caroline Kruse moderate the expert panel discussion that also includes PDSA Medical Advisors Dr. Douglas Cines, University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine, and Dr. Terry Gernsheimer, University of Washington School of Medicine.
Disclaimer: The Platelet Disorder Support Association does not provide medical advice or endorse any medication, vitamins or herbs. The views and opinions expressed by guest speakers do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of PDSA. The information contained herein is meant for educational and general information purposes only and is neither intended nor implied to be an endorsement of any treatment or to be a substitute for recommendations provided by your personal healthcare team. Consult with your physician or medical provider for advice regarding your unique medical condition.