The complete video collection from ITP Conference 2018 is available for purchase in The Platelet Store.
This year, PDSA hosted its 18th annual update on immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) for patients, caregivers and the medical community in Cleveland Ohio - July 13-15. This year’s patient conference took place at the brand-new Hilton Cleveland Downtown.
- Each year the ITP conference provides opportunities to hear the latest information about ITP, meet others who are coping and living with ITP and receive answers to your medical questions.
- Attendees had the opportunity to ask questions to PDSA’s Medical Advisors, who are some of the most experienced ITP doctors in the world.
- A highlight to this weekend was PDSA’s 20th anniversary party on Saturday evening, July 14, at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. PDSA understands how important it is to offer patients and families respite from dealing with the ongoing challenges of a chronic illness by bringing a little joy and laughter into their lives.
- In addition to the educational program and social events, our conference featured several small group sessions which gave attendees an opportunity to get to know other patients and caregivers in an intimate environment.
- We also offerred programs for children at our Kids Kamp for children ages 5-12. Like last year, this year’s conference provided a separate track for teens and young adults.
What People are Saying…
“Great conference. Really appreciated it. Good opportunity to speak with experts and other people with ITP.”
“This was an extraordinary weekend! Beginning to end! Calming setting. Informative & great to meet other patients. The staff is incredible! I am going to share with my hematologist and take better charge of my treatment options. Your hard work and efforts were truly recognized and appreciated! So happy to have the PDSA website for knowledge and support – I don’t feel so alone…”
“As a first time attendee, I received the full scope of ITP knowledge.”
“Thank you for all of your hard work. This is such a great opportunity to connect with others, increase our knowledge and renew our hope and commitment to a better quality of life. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”
“Thank you for all you do! The scholarships and grants are wonderful!”
“Enjoyed all, especially breakout groups and discussions.”
“Thank you, doctors and staff, for your time and care in making this information public.”
“Even though it was our first time attending, we felt welcomed and were very touched by the comradery of the patients and their family members.”
“Thank you for all your hard work. It surely shows, by the successful results.”