Find an ITP Doctor

Doctor in lab coatBeing diagnosed with ITP is a highly individualized experience. While one person may have no symptoms of a low blood count, another may experience excessive bruising and bleeding. Because of this, it’s important to find a doctor specialized in disorders of the blood and bone marrow, or a hematologist, to ensure your treatment plan is tailored to your particular needs.

Since hematology is a large and complex field of medicine, hematologists often specialize in a particular disease group. The following resources and tips can help you find a hematologist and care team who specialize in treating ITP:

  • Search the American Society of Hematology “Find a Hematologist
  • Locate the largest teaching hospital near you and ask for a referral to the head of hematology or the specialist in non-malignant hematology
  • Visit PDSA’s Discussion Group or Facebook Group for recommendations from others for doctors in your area
    Discussion Group    Facebook Group

Hematologist & Physician Referral

If you have a hematologist or physician you can highly recommend for ITP care, make a referral to help improve PDSA’s doctor referral database and help support those with the condition around the country, in Canada and around the world.

back to top

Charity NavigatorGuideStar Seal NORD Member BadgeTHSNA logo