On the last Friday of every September, we don our purple gear to raise awareness for ITP and other platelet disorders. The perfect fusion of the calm stability of blue with the fierce energy of red, purple is said to have the power to uplift, calm nerves and encourage peace. Purple is also known to represent bravery and in immune thrombocytopenia, it signifies one of the most distinctive symptoms of ITP – the spontaneous bruise.
Join the Platelet Disorder Support Association as we Sport Purple for PlateletsSM! Honor the courage of ITP Warriors, celebrate their inspiring spirit, and build strength to beat ITP!
Sport Purple for Platelets DaySM 2021
Friday, September 24th
CHAMPION THE CAUSE
How to Sport this Cool Facebook Frame!
(1) “EDIT” profile picture & “ADD FRAME”
(2) SEARCH “ITP AWARENESS”
(3) “SAVE” your frame
Ways to Raise Awareness for ITP and Fundraise for PDSA
Organize a Sport Purple for Platelets DaySMat your office, school, or local hospital. Print the Sport Purple for PlateletsDaySM Play Book. Bring it to your Human Resources Director or School Administrator to request their participation in Sport Purple for Platelets DaySM.
2. Email your family and friends and ask them to have their offices, schools, and local hospitals participate.
4. Invite government agencies and private corporations to light office buildings, bridges, etc. in purple on Sport Purple for Platelets DaySM.
5. Check out the ITP Guide Book and get the facts about ITP and other platelet disorders.
- Have employees donate $5 to “dress down” on Sport Purple for Platelets DaySM.
- Organize a dance, golf outing, or other sporting event.
- Collect pennies for platelets in schools and offices. Contact Jody Shy at email@example.com for your collection can kit.
- See a complete list of fundraising ideas here.
Contact PDSA Programs and Events Manager, Jody Shy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-746-9003 to organize a fundraiser in support of PDSA.
Medical Alert, ITP Awareness and Sport Purple Products
ITP Awareness Videos
Help spread the word about ITP!
Sport Purple for Platelets Day SM Photo Gallery