ITP PATIENT STORIES 2013
I Have ITP!: What Teens Want YOU to Know
Get in the Game for 2013
Click the link below for information and resources that will prepare you to support ITP Awareness MonthSM and Sport Purple for Platelets DaySM in 2013.
ITP Awareness MonthSM and Sport Purple for Platelets DaySM were an outstanding success in 2011 and 2012
Thank you to everyone who "Got in the Game" and participated and/or donated in support of ITP awareness and PDSA.
Results of PDSA’s Fundraising Efforts and ITP Awareness Month Initiatives
- The combined fundraising efforts raised more than $350,000 for PDSA programs and research fund
- Walk/Run locations in 12 cities with 17 events
- Awareness Month generated media coverage across the globe and considerably raised public awareness for ITP
▶ 20 newspaper articles including stories in the UK and India
▶ 4 TV feature stories and interviews including Fox, CBS, and NBC
▶ Fox & Friends anchors Sported Purple for Platelets on September 30th
- Over 2,000 “Got Platelets?” awareness bands were distributed in September
- Over 550 ITP awareness pins were distributed in September
- Over 23 school information packets were distributed in September
- Over 2300 educational brochures and pamphlets were distributed in September
Read all about how ITP Awareness MonthSM and Sport Purple for Platelets DaySM were recognized throughout the World!
- "September is ITP (A Rare Bleeding Disease) Awareness Month & Local Businesses are Lending a Hand to Raise Awareness"
By Linda McGuirl
- "Funds, hope raised at ‘Pump It Up For Platelets’"
The Poly Post
- "Spring Hill student doesn’t let disorder get him down"
- "Brave Ella speaks out about her pain"
- "MP hosts charity tea party"
- "The colour of awareness"
- "Sport purple for Platelets Day"
- "Wish you a million platelets!"
- "ITP: The Platelet Killing Silent Stalker"
AssociatedContent.com from Yahoo