The Platelet Disorder Support Association plays a unique role in the ITP community providing FREE educational materials, services, and support in our ongoing commitment to those affected by ITP.
PDSA receives NO federal funding. Our efforts are made possible through the generosity of private donations, memberships, grants from corporate sponsors, and fundraising efforts. These fundraising efforts are made possible through dedicated volunteers who engage their local communities, family, friends, and colleagues in their amazing grassroots events.
Fundraisers effectively assist PDSA to continuously enhance the lives of people with immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) and other platelet disorders through education, advocacy, and research and significantly impact the ITP community because they:
- RAISE AWARENESS – ITP affects more than 10 times as many individuals as hemophilia yet is unknown by most. Fundraisers often generate local and national media stories about ITP and inform local community members about the disease.
- LEND SUPPORT – We hear repeatedly how fundraising events have helped ITP patients who feel alone in their world of ITP meet and connect with others who understand.
- CREATE AN OUTLET TO RELIEVE ANXIETY – Our volunteers overwhelmingly agree that organizing and executing a fundraiser proves therapeutic in channeling their anxieties and fears about their disease into positive energy that helps raise awareness and supports others with ITP.
- INCREASE FINANCIAL SUPPORT – It would be remiss not to mention the importance of the funding received through the efforts of our dedicated volunteers. Throughout these trying economic times, it’s our fundraising events that have allowed PDSA to continue to serve the ITP community with no disruption in the services that we so proudly provide for free. We are forever grateful for their awesome efforts.
To learn more about organizing a fundraiser in support of PDSA, please browse through our 50 Ways to Fundraise and contact Nancy Potthast, PDSA’s Director of Marketing, at (877) 528-3538 or by e-mail, to get started.
How we can help with your fundraising event:
- Issuing tax receipts for qualifying gifts
- General fundraising and special event guidance and troubleshooting
- Budgeting guidance for your event
- Establishment of event timelines
- Custom web design with online registration/ticket buying capabilities for your event
- Targeted e-mails to our contacts about your event
- Ready-to-use event material and templates